Jun . 10 . 2010
5 tips to make a good Google search background image by Sphynge Photography
Did you notice that Google now lets you upload your very own background for search?
So what makes a great Google search background?
- Use a landscape photo or avoid close up portraits, or your husband, wife, kid’s or friend’s face might look like it go censored with white tape!
- Use a landscape/horizontal photo, as Google requires a minimum of 800 pixels x 600 pixels and crops the photo from the TOP of the photo (so the top 600 pixel)
- Go for bright colors or for a dark background, as the “Google” word will remain white
- Use the rule of thirds: imagine that you folded your photo into 3 vertical parts (like a pamphlet) and try to avoid a photo which has a focal point in the dead center, because that’s where the Google search bar is!
- Find a photo with great textures. Textures will not detract from the search bar but will add a lot of visual spice to your page
Sphynge Photography on Facebook